Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Hallelujah Eggs

We're having a family Christmas dinner for twelve today.  Now everyone in the world may already have known this but I didn't so I went to ehow.com to find out the best way to peel an egg.  I love deviled eggs but absolutely hate making them.  Most of the time my eggs don't peel easily (or they come out looking like egg salad) and half of them aren't even usable.  I know how to cook 'em, know to put 'em in cool water for awhile before peeling, even know you should 'crackle' them before trying to peel.  But the secret I didn't know was that after you crackle them, if you roll them in your hands like you're rolling a meatball for a few seconds, it will loosen the membrane under the shell and it will peel easily.  I JUST PEELED A DOZEN PERFECT EGGS!!!!!!!!!  Hallelujah!!!!!!!!  Let's eat!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. WooHoo! What a great bit of trivia to know about - thanks for sharing - and I hope your dinner turned out to be a lovely gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just too darn funny!
    It's the simple things in life that make us truly happy. Hallelujah! hee,hee,hee. :)
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, I just might relate this to my mother. I don't know if it's the way she makes hard-boiled eggs, but those darn things are hard to peel. Mine are always good to go, but my mother..oey vey!! lOl

    Georgina

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think.