Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Eat Your Greens

Here is a new dish I created tonight which turned out really great!  It's enough for four people if you only have a spoonful, but honey and I ate every bite of it by ourselves!  LOL 

1 bunch Lacinato kale
3 baby bok choys
1 medium onion
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste


Rough chop onion, bok choys, and Lacinato kale (also called dinosaur kale). Just chop kale and baby bok choy down to the bottom of the leaves. Heat olive oil in pan, add vegetables and stir-fry until crisp tender. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and maple syrup and stir in. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 5 more minutes.

Here is a picture of Lacinato kale - I think it stir-fries better than the other types and isn't bitter at all.




Enjoy!

Untie a ribbon in your life – you might find an adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I have had this type of Kale, will have to look for it. Sounds yummy. I love my greens.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think.